The UCF Research and Mentoring Program for Transfer Students (RAMP-T) is designed to provide transfer undergraduate students, who may be interested in pursuing graduate education, with a faculty guided research experience. In addition, the students participate in a variety of workshops designed to increase their awareness and knowledge of graduate school education. The aim of this program is to encourage more students from those populations who are traditionally underrepresented in graduate education to attend graduate school.
Applications Will Open in November
Before starting the application process, please ensure you meet ALL the following eligibility criteria:
- I am a recent UCF transfer student (within the past two semesters)
- I have participated in one of the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) Introduction to Research Courses (IDS 3913): Summer Research Academy or the I.N.T.R.O. Course (By application only – click appropriate link for deadlines and to apply).
Note: participating in IDS 3913 does not guarantee a spot in RAMP-T. Limited spots are available through a RAMP-T application process. To find out more about IDS 3913 and if taking this course is right for you, click here
- I have identified a research faculty who is willing to mentor me for the RAMP-T/RAMP Program
- I plan to pursue graduate school
- I am a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid work permit
- I have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- I will be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at UCF during the Fall/Spring semester throughout the duration of the RAMP-T/RAMP program (Spring 2020- Spring 2021)
- I have a minimum of 60 credit hours
- I have at least three semesters left before graduation (excluding summers)
If you are still unsure whether you qualify for the program or if the program would be a good fit for your specific circumstances, please check out our FAQ or contact us at email@example.com