The UCF Research and Mentoring Program for Transfer Students (RAMP-T) is designed to provide transfer undergraduate students, who may be interested in pursuing graduate education, with a faculty guided research experience. In addition, the students participate in a variety of workshops designed to increase their awareness and knowledge of graduate school education. The aim of this program is to encourage more students from those populations who are traditionally underrepresented in graduate education to attend graduate school.
2018 Applications Now Closed
Applications will open in late summer 2019
Before starting the application process, please ensure you meet ALL the following eligibility criteria:
- I am a recent UCF transfer student (within the past two semesters)
- I am interested in research opportunities
- I plan to pursue graduate school
- I am a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid work permit
- I have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- I will be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at UCF during the Fall/Spring semester throughout the duration of the RAMP-T/RAMP program (2018-2020)
Please note: If you have already identified a faculty member who has agreed to work with you, we encourage you to apply to RAMP instead of RAMP-T. RAMP-T is a pilot program and a very limited number of students will be selected.
- I have a minimum of 60 credit hours
- I have at least four semesters left before graduation (excluding summers)
If you are still unsure whether you qualify for the program or if the program would be a good fit for your specific circumstances, please check out our FAQ or contact us at email@example.com
Applying to the Program
- Before you begin completing this form, please open and carefully read the entire application. Make sure you have access to all the information required.
- This application does not have a ‘save’ feature, which means you must fully complete the form in one session and submit. We highly recommend that you complete all of your required statements in a separate saved word document, and then copy/paste the text into the application form.
- The application will require you to:
- Fill out academic, financial, and demographic information
- Know your parents highest level of educational attainment
- Know whether you were awarded a Pell Grant or Work Study in your most recent financial aid award letter
- Upload a resume or CV
- Know the top three graduate programs to which you plan to apply
- Complete a statement of purpose, describing your academic/career goals, and your interest in pursuing a graduate degree
- Complete a statement of research interests and experiences
- Provide the contact information for one recommender
Letters of Recommendation
- Recommendation Letters
- Recommendation letters should be completed by college faculty and staff members who can best discuss your ability for academic success and your motivation to attend graduate school (Transfer students may have recommenders from previous institutions).
- Ensure you complete the Letters of Recommendation as soon as possible to give your recommenders the time they need to complete their letters. Recommenders will be contacted through e-mail and provided access to the form where they can upload their letter. All recommendations must be completed by the application deadline.
For more detailed information regarding the application process, please consult the following guide:
RAMP-T Application Guide